Friday, January 28, 2011

Not 100% Ready...But Getting There

The thing about dieting & losing weight, for me, is that I do some parts before I try to augment the plan.  For example, I am working out rather regularly.  I love it & want to take advantage of the time I have while unemployed to do so.  Once I get a job, it may be more difficult to fit it in to my schedule, but I'll cross that bridge once I get to it.  I love the Wii workouts that I do on Active 2 and the NFL Training Camp.  Plus, I love being active on my days off of those with the dance games on Wii, too!  It's an investment, but well worth it!

As of now, though, I haven't changed my eating habits (as evidenced by my Facebook status last night of needing pizza).  Stress still influences me to run to the fridge or, worse yet, the grocery store while hungry.  Sadly, so does boredom.  Hubby & I are planning the grocery shopping for the first week of using the FoodMover again, and I'm excited to do so.  I just have to be ready to run with it. 

Here's an admission I bet you didn't expect...I LOVE FOOD!  Yep, I said it.  I don't know if I'm a food addict, but I do know that I love the stuff!  I love socializing over it.  I love trying new foods.  I love going out with Hubby for meals.  I love the all-you-can-eat Las Vegas buffets!  I've even dreamed of fast foods bouncing across my point of view when dieting (no joke!).  Hubby said I was downright adorable, mumbling "Chicken wings...tacos...Portillo's...pizza" one night when we had been on our diet years ago.  The funny thing is, though I do love fast food, I love slow food, too.  And, I love me some veggies!  Okay...getting hungry...gotta stop talking about this so much!

Truth is, I have to get ready for the process of dieting, but can't take too long in doing so.  After all, this is my health & happiness.  It's a fine balance that I know many people go through.  To them and to myself, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment